Sunday, March 11, 2012

Flunked journaling 101

Tis nearly two months since i last wrote in my blog so it looks as though journaling is not the sort of thing I can do with any great regularity .  Suddenly I have become rather like a gad fly.  After saying I would never fly again after the disastrous trip home from Coos Bay, Oregon last Fall, I found myself going on a short trip to Florida and most recently a trip to see my daughter.  Both of those trips were short and without incidents.  A slight glitch in communications did have me waiting for someone to pick me up at the airport,  When I said into my cell phone that I was on the ground the recipient of my call thought I had fallen!  When she didn't hear any moans and groans she asked for clarification.  Confirmation of flight schedules to the person meeting you at the airport  is as important as with the airlines!

All of this is to say that I will be sure to confirm  more than once  my arrival time on the return trip from Ireland.  Yes the person who said "never more" after spending a harrowing 4 hour drive in a small, cold bus at 75 miles an hour on a twisty costal road to get to the Portland airport at 2 AM is crazy enough to contemplate a 10 hour flight to Ireland.  Portland has a beautiful airport but at 2 AM the only thing open besides security was a souvenir shop.  The lady manning the shop was tickled to death to have someone to talk with.  Eventually a snack shop opened up and we were able to get something to stave off starvation till we could board a plane for home at 6:30.  That was originally the time we were due to arrive in Atlanta and would have if the commuter plane had ever taken off from Coos Bay!

I have been reading a wonderful book by Robyn Carr, The House on Olive Street.  I had t stop for awhile because I have a tendency to devour a good book.  I hate reading a book piecemeal and when I get hold of a really good book I don't want to do anything else but submerge myself in it.  I did vacuum this morning before  delving into it.  And yesterday I raked leaves till I had a mountain of leaves.  I'm not totally undisciplined. Not totally.

It doesn't pay to name a neighborhood similar names like, so and so drive, loop and circle because the fire engines never know where they need to be if there isn't a large plume of smoke to guide them.  Just now three fire engines went flying up the circle then behind us on the loop then up another street before they evidently wound up at the right place at the top of the hill.  Don't know what the problem is or was but two of the fire engines and another vehicle left.  Guess I'll find out in the morning.  I had planned to start reading another book I found by Robyn Carr tonight but guess I'm too tired so will say good night and head for bed instead.  Sweet dreams, y'all.



No comments: