Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting the hang of it.

Eventually I suppose I'll get the hang of this and begin to post regularly, not that it really matters.

I need to learn more about cars.  A light came on the dashboard to alert me to something wrong.  When I looked in the owners manual it said that little icon referred to something to do with the electrical exhaust system.  When I got to the dealers and they ran a diagnostic check, you know what it turned out to be?   The cotton pickin gas cap was not screwed on TIGHT!  I was told to tighten it until it clicked several times and wouldn't go any farther!!  I have never ever tightened it down till it clicked and besides,  if I did that I'd never be able to get it open again.  Oh, adding insult to injury, that cute little gal who waited on me was so sweet and she said that little icon indicated the engine!  Check the engine!

I had them change the oil while I was there.  The dealer sticker indicated the oil hadn't been changed in 17,000 miles but I know that was wrong.  Finch was a stickler for oil changes and I doubt if I have even put 1,000 miles on it in the last year so somewhere there is a sticker saying when the last change occurred!

I payed the bill thankful there was nothing wrong with my car and thankful as well they only charged me half the normal fee for that diagnostic.  They really shouldn't have even  charged that because the not really tight enuf gas cap showed up right away!!!!

I need to  learn more about cars!

1 comment:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thought you might be interested in this blog by another artist. She calls it "A Painting Journal" and has something at the top of her sidebar called "Fresh Paint" showing paintings. Here's the link:

http://virginiafloydspaintingstudio.blogspot.com/