Sunday, March 18, 2012

Musings

IIt occurred to me upon reading the last posting that I never did find out what brought three fire engines to our hill!!

Tis difficult to understand how time can fly so fast some times.  Seems as though it is afternoon one minute and the stars are twinkling before I've had a chance to turn around twice.  I am sure that has to do with the fact that I stay busy for the most part.  Could it be the dawdling in between that tends to eat up so much time?

I have managed to finish an oil painting of Addy, do a watercolor of Paul's grandson, back into my neighbor's car on my way to church last sunday,  read a couple more books by Robyn Carr - like the way she writes - buy a weeping red bud, take a friend to lunch who was heading back today for the hospital in Tampa for stem cell treatment to put her cancer at bay. What else?.  Rake leaves, or was that last week, scrub the deck with a broom loaded with clorox.  The overhanging trees, birds and squirrels really make a mess.

An artist I admire tremendously and from whom I have taken four workshops in pastels was doing a demo at River Gallery yesterday prior to a reception of her show.  I went early so I would have no trouble finding a spot to park and it gave me a chance to scrutinize her work before people got there.  Margaret Dyer does magical things with pastels!  I hung around and as luck would have it we had time to catch up on the changes going on in her life..  She and a friend and I had dinner at Tony's and a quick trip to show her In-Town Gallery - at her request.  She was really quite complimentary of our co-op.ll

I do not know if I could go thru the gruesome cancer treatment Billie has gone thru these past 6 months.  I have a feeling I would say no, I have lived long enough.  Billie is quite a bit younger than I and she has a good chance to get control of it - not a cure - but keep it in remission and go on with her life.

About brain dead - nite.


1 comment:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I enjoy your ramblings, my dear!